Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Lesson to learn about RCL

Sail Date: July 01, 2010

Listen up. For the persons that are under 40 years of age. RCL is not for you. This is my 6th. time on the cruise but first with RCL. All the high talked and good review from others. I expecting this cruise will be great and really have a good time but NO. All went downhill from the first night sailing; the staff cant even get one person on the dance floor because of music and boring staffs. The food was average nothing to write home about. In dining room, they show you whats on the menu including coffee but when I ordered cappuccino, they said it will cost me $2.50. Whats up with that? They gave you a free lobster but want money for coffee. Its not about money; its the principle of it. Shows were also average. Smoking was everywhere, at the pool, semi half outdoor dining area, at casino, at the dance club. They smoke where they dont suppose to but no staff stopping them. We didnt buy drink from one server but bought from another, guess what happened? The server that we didnt buy from came back and gave us a hard time about it. Latin music was playing every day sometimes two times a day. Lesser than 25% are Latin, it gets to be very boring. First day cruising, it rained. They cancelled everything out door including music but nothing happen inside either. All day went by with nothing to do. No backup plan. They have 4 bands there; you would think they will bring one of them to entertain all guests? RCL was the most expensive cruise of all the Caribbeans Islands but RCL cant even walk half of the big talked they had said or what people had said about RCL. This ship (SERANE OF THE SEA) is a small ship. You will feel every bump in the water so sea sick people, bring your medicine. As far as dress up in dining room. No one listen to what the ship said to do except Captain Night. I saw people in shorts, jeans in dining room so dont bring lots of good clothes. Save some money so you dont have to pay airline for the entire luggage you have to bring. It would be easier just tell the people that its casual dress every night. I think this will be my first and last time with RCL. Im sorry Ive chosen RCL.

Pros: All islands

Cons: Food

Recommends Serenade of the Seas? No.

This ship is small.