Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

A good cruise!

Sail Date: April 01, 2010

Traveled As: Family w/young children

Overall, a gorgeous cruise ship but with not much to offer a lone Dad and his 9 year old son. Could have used a better assortment of island stops as well, if only because after one or two they all started to seem like the same island, with very little variation.

Pros: Frequent island stops; Cleanliness; Friendly & Helpful staff; Excellent Dinners

Cons: Lack of island "variety"; needed greater variety of onboard activities

Recommends Serenade of the Seas? Yes!

I was a dad with a son (no others with us) and actually, there were very little activities outside of the skimpy arcade, shuffleboard, and pool that we could enjoy together...that is, when we didn't have to wait in line to use those facilities...

Also could have used a dedicated Texas Hold 'Em table. Barring the nightly tournaments I never saw an attendant at the table (and I checked frequently believe you me).

Others might rate the Entertainment and Activities higher, but for my situation (dad and son) there just wasn't much.
My son was kind of "blah" about the activities available for a 9 year old. Also, the last night of the cruise was "Carnival" night for the kids with tons of games and activities for the children but...get this...the 9-11 year olds were PUT TO WORK running the games for the younger kids! This is not a joke. My son spent the final night of the cruise working as a "ticket taker." On a night which should have been the best night of all in terms of activities and fun, my son left bored. He would rather have sat in the stateroom and watched bad TV instead of going to the children's program. If I'd known that's how he was spending the last couple hours of "fun time" with other children, I would've raised a stink. EPIC FAIL, Royal Caribbean. EPIC FAIL.
Very clean, though it's starting to show it's age.
The food was fantastic.