Sapphire Princess Cruise Review to Alaska - Gulf of Alaska

Third Mate

A bucket list must do!

Sail Date: May 19, 2012

Room Type: Suite

This was my first cruise and I was nervous about it. Princess upgraded my balcony to a suite for FREE! A porter greeted us at the room and gave us his private number that he always answered.

Cruise was smooth and scenery was awesome!

All ports of call were great. Did not do the whale watch and regretted it later.

All excursions we took were great.

Food was pretty good everywhere, Service was great everywhere.

Princess is one of only 2 lines allowed to sail right up to the glaciers.

They actually crashed into the water while we were there which is rare.

We saw whales, otters and orcas from the boat!

We also added the 4 day inland to the cruise with the train to Denali.

The train was too long as it took 11 hours and once we got there we had to sit another hour from some reason. I would suggest taking the bus - only 2 hours. We stayed at Princesses's resorts which were terrible. We were the first tour of the season and they were not ready. VERY poorly trained staff. Poor food and poor service. They broke a suitcase while we were there. The trip to Denali is great but I would use someone else for that part