Sapphire Princess Cruise Review to Mexico

Worst Week of My Life.

Sail Date: February 01, 2014

This cruise was a nightmare from the beginning.

Despite being at the front of the long line of customers\, we were completely ignored and bypassed when trying to hand off our luggage to the appropriate handlers. I was given a stapler to staple my luggage tags to my bags\, I did this and continued to wait for my baggage to be taken so I could move on to the next stopping point. Our designated handler literally reached around us to grab the luggage and fulfill the needs of another customer. We had never cruised before\, we had no idea what we were supposed to do... so we asked. I actually picked up our luggage and loaded it on to the dolly myself so that we could proceed. Upon doing this our loader turns to us and says \"any tips are appreciated.\" I was actually stunned. I was unsure what it was that I was being asked to tip for when I had been surpassed and not helped at all and then loaded my own luggage. I said nothing and continued to walk away\, he shouted at us \"YOU'RE NOT GOING TO TIP?\". It was infuriating.

Things got slightly better from there. We checked in and arrived at our rooms to wait for a few hours for our luggage.

Like I said\, we had never cruised before. We are two hardworking young women in our twenties who were looking for a good relaxing getaway.

Throughout the week things only continued to regress. We were treated so poorly by each individual staff member on this ship that we no longer felt comfortable being in common areas.

At meals\, passengers surrounding us seemed to be happy and receiving a decent amount of customer service and respect. Their glasses were refilled and they were offered things that I cannot even name because we were never offered these things. We would have four staff members staring blankly at us while our water glasses remained empty. In cases where we did not have people staring at us we had to track someone down when we felt needed someone to complete the simple task of \"refilling\". We were gawked at and tr

Pros: The End.

Recommends Sapphire Princess? No.

Although the food quality is decent\, cruisers will be left with a bad taste in their mouth regardless. Dining room crew seemed to be staffed with the least amount of attention to attitude or manners.
Your sink will clog with each use\, your toilet won't always flush and your shower will leave you with an overflowed bathroom river that does not dry out for the entire duration of the cruise.