Sapphire Princess Cruise Review to Mexico

Fun to get away

Sail Date: March 01, 2013

Room Type: Suite

We cruised on this ship on its maiden voyage\, and it was amazing! Now 9 years later it is a bit dated. The rooms could use a update. But they have added a outside movie screen and that is really nice.

Pros: Relaxing

Cons: Disembarking

Recommends Sapphire Princess? Yes!

This is why we love cruising\, you can do as little or as much as you want. I felt the games in the lounges were a little rushed but still fun. Bingo is becoming a real disappointment. They use to pay out depending on how many people played now it is 100. 150. 200. And 400. Paying 2200 On the last day. We paid 30.00 per session and most days there were 2 sessions per day. Apx. 70 to 150 per session\, do the math now it's just another way for them to make a lot of money\, plus they charge for the dobbers!
Most were really nice\, I had a manager in the buffet tell me I could not take a carafe of coffee to my room\, I told him for the price I paid for the cruise I did not expect to be told no. The matrieD apologized for the problem and sent chocolate strawberries to our room. The same matreD was very helpful on this trip.our waiter at Sabatinis (Gabrielle ) was above what we expected.
We had a mini suite so it was spacious but a little dated.
Now the buffet is a buffet\, not great food but a lot of it. Our best dinning experience was the specialty dinning. We ate at Sterlings (20.00 per person) the food was very good. Then we ate at Sabatinis (20.00 per person) and it was AMAZING!!! The food was incredible and the service was perfect. But our favorite dinning experience was the CHEFS TABLE. I recommend this 10 stars. This is pricey 90.00 per person\, but it is worth every penny. You are given a private galley tour from the chef\, champagne and wine\, special appetizers and a 7 course meal served by the chef. And extras\, but I don't want to ruin the surprises! Book this early only one night per cruise.