Sapphire Princess Cruise Review to Mexico

I had sailed on Princess...

Sail Date: November 19, 2011

Traveled As: Family w/young children

I had sailed on Princess before and truly liked it, but the quality has gone severely downhill, and I would not select Princess for a future cruise. Princess#39; smoking allowed policy is unbearable. The passenger in the cabin next to mine continually smoked on his balcony (while coughing and hacking), to the point that I could not use my balcony and had to shut the door to avoid the billows of smoke.
The cabin size is considerably smaller than other cruise lines and the amenities lacking. One must REQUEST a bathrobe and a shower cap!! C#39;mon now. They can#39;t afford to provide flimsy shower caps without asking?
Tables on the outside pool decks are not provided, so one must put everything on the wet deck floors.
The escorted tour offerred was not provided as sold and was very inferior to that promoted.
There were several good aspects of the cruise, but, unfortunately, the bad outweighed the good on this cruise. Too bad, because I thought I had picked a winner. Not so!

Recommends Sapphire Princess? No.