Sapphire Princess Cruise Review to Mexico

Should have saved a week of vacation tim

Sail Date: February 12, 2011

The ship was clean and well maintained. It was an older crowd which was ok as we didn't bring kids, but would not be a kid friendly cruise for the summer. The bed were VERY hard, the staff made me feel like I was a second class citizen

Pros: my dinner waiter

Cons: the customer service on the boat

Recommends Sapphire Princess? No.

I was placed in an handicap room, the cabin steward knew I had concers with the shower and water in front of the sink using electricaly items, he made sure each cleanin to leave dry towels on the floor. 10 stars to him. BUT the bed was hard as a rock, I asked for pillows to sleep on, that wasn't comfortable, then I asked for some fome...he didn't know if I could get it cause I wasn't in a "suite"
Upon arrival, my room was assigned to a Mr. and Mrs. Tucker, I went to pursur desk, they said their was a room change and that I was in the correct room. I went back to my room and saw it was a Handicap room went back t pursur and was rudely told by Stephanie Andrews that with my booking I got whatever room was left, I asked if that ment I also needed to dine in the back of the galley and eat the left overs? She didn't care at all about my concern of the handicap shower with the water in front of the sink, luckly my steward did. I was not happy that I was left with the perception that I was the bottom of the barrel as far as guest, last I looked they needed all cabins full to make it a full cruise..their are more than just the people in the suites, of which my other party was in.
We had anytime dinning, our waiter the firt night was awesome so we chose to dine with him the whole cruise in the Santa Fe Dining table 312, his name was Hendrick from South Africa. 10 stars to him.
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Was dissappointed in this stop, the water was nasty...did get to see whales
Mazatlan, Mexico
Very nice, my excursion was awesome,the food was good and the shopping and water was nice,
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Cabo was nice, was not able to do our excercison at OUR decission because the ship got us off late and we were only in port until 2pm....need to extend the time to at least 5pm, didn't get to enjoy the beach...what a shame.