Sapphire Princess Cruise Review to Mexico

Awesome First Cruise

Sail Date: November 01, 2008

The Sapphire is a beautiful ship. I chose Princess in the hope that we'd have the best cruising experience possible for our first cruise. We are now addicted. The employees at Princess were extremely helpful and friendly. Since this was our first cruise, we chose an inside stateroom. The room was small (as we expected) and very clean. The only time we were in there was to shower, change, and sleep. Our room steward was amazIng. We saw him only once, when we initially boarded. We never saw him again, but he was always on top of things. Our room was kept clean, bed turned down every night with little candies, and towels changed every day. The entertainment was good. We found things to do on each sea day (I worried my husband would get bored, but that didn't happen). We were able to relax and do as little or as much as we wanted during the day. In the evenings there was always a show or a live band we'd go to enjoy. My favorite thing to do was to get up and walk the ship when the sun was rising. It was beautiful. The ship was quiet with most people still in their cabins. Serene is how I'd describe it. We chose early seating for dinner (6pm). The food was excellent as was our waiter (Allan). Dinner was 5 courses and there was a large variety every night to choose from. The only bad thing about this early seating was that we missed several sunsets. The next time we cruise I think we'll try the anytime dining. Yes, we'd be giving up getting to know our waiter and the interesting people we'd dined with all week, but the advantages of not being committed to a certain dinner time would be worth it. The pools on Princess are all FRESHWATER....not salt water pools as most cruise ships have. That was important to me, because I don't like to swim in salt water. Just my personal choice. Embarkment and disembarkment went long waits. I would highly recommend the Sapphire.

Pros: Not having any stress

Cons: The cruise ending

Recommends Sapphire Princess? Yes!