Sapphire Princess Cruise Review to Mexico

Is a cruise a good deal?

Sail Date: January 01, 2009

I would suggest another cruise ship, maybe another cruise line altogether. The toilets kept clogging up all over the ship. Most of the food was really bad. Most of the staff were even worse. Sadly, we took the 7 day cruise to Mexico and only stayed at Cabo San Lucas from 7 am to 2 pm. Make sure you book a cruise which gives you more time there. Mazatlan is not for fun, but education. Book accordingly.

Pros: Waking many mornings to a new destination was great.

Cons: Service and food were terrible; the so-called gourmet dining was similar to Hometown Buffet.

Recommends Sapphire Princess? No.

Dinner dining has wonderful ambiance, but the food is more like Hometown Buffet.
Ship is huge in the beginning, but gets quite small as your trip ends. Most of the common areas are clean and well maintained, except the toilets.
Sadly, this is the best recommendation I can give. Only 4 people were good, at best. Only 1 really seemed to have the same mindset of the Mission Statement Princess shares.
Our sheets were stained. Our steward would not change both the top sheet and the fitted sheet, no matter how many times we asked. We can only hope the stains were from chocolate, if you know what I mean.
Many choices on this cruise. My husband and I took our children, ages 19, 22, and 24, and everyone had fun at all activities.