Sapphire Princess

Sapphire Princess Cruise Review to Mexico

7 Night Mexican Riviera (Los Angeles Roundtrip)
Sail Date: April 01, 2006
Ship: Sapphire Princess
Sapphire Princess is a fine ship filled with many and varied ways to enjoy your cruise. Do as much as you want or sit back and simply relax. Princess has spent a lot of effort making the initial boarding and final disembarkation a simple, painless, and quick process. Activities abound daily whether it is an at-sea day or a port visit day. Entertainment is top notch and varies greatly in content but, MAKE SURE YOU ARRIVE EARLY AS SEATS FILL UP QUICKLY and some of the showrooms are small. Luckily most of the shows repeat and you can generally see what you want to see. The production shows "Undercover" and "Piano Man" were nothing short of spectacular. Dan Burnett, a juggler/comic, was incredibly good and left everyone wondering how he did the stunts. Lovena B. Fox, a Canadian singer, put on a magnificent show covering the entire music spectrum. Michael Wilson and Don Ware, impressionist and comic, kept the audience in stitches. The art auctions, although not for everyone's taste, were most enjoyable and informative. All of the games and activities headed by the cruise director's staff were fun. The ship was clean (spotless) and the staff was friendly. Vitor, our cabin steward was always keeping our room in immaculate condition. Always smiling and ensuring that we were having the best possible experience seemed to be the major objective of every one of the Princess staff we met on a daily basis. I felt badly when I witnessed uncouth and unreasonable passengers treat our hosts in a disrespectful manner. I've traveled the world and I sadly see too many fellow Americans treating "the locals" as if they were put on Earth to be their personal slaves and clean up the mess they make. Simply put, it is an embarrassment to observe the conduct of many American's while I am on vacation.

The only disappointment I had was the sorbet (usually quite flavorful and refreshing) was pretty bland.

Phenomenal is all respects.

I looked into the Children's Program because I will be taking our two grandson's (ages 5 and 8) on the exact same cruise in September. I found it to be well organized and filled with varied activities. PLUS, all the youngsters I met had favorable reviews of their experience with the children's activities.

5 star in all respects

Some public rooms are a bit too small to accommodate the number of people who want to watch a performance.

Aloha deck with balcony. Great room and location amidships. 4 couples travelling together in adjoining rooms made it even more enjoyable. Everyone was pleased with their rooms and the great service.
I'm not a big fan of PV but my wife and her friends had a nice day browsing through shops.
Don't Miss: I heard that the Jungle Canopy excursion was pretty good.
I like Cabo but unfortunately the ship was there for only 6 hours. The snorkeling was fair at best because of the cold water, low visibility, and the presence of jellyfish. The shopping in Cabo is the best we've experienced in Mexico.

Pros: food, entertainment, ease of embarkation/debarkation