Ryndam Cruise Review to Europe - Northern Europe

Contributor Level: Second Mate

Fastastic scenery great itinery.

Sail Date: July 04, 2015

Room Type: Suite

We had a Navigation suite and enjoyed to amenities provided.  The lounge for suite passengers was exceptional, as was the breakfast provided in the restaurant for suite passengers.  Liked the size of the ship.  Was disappointed in normal service and disappointed in the food.  Soups were very, very salty, barely warm, menu was disappointing for me and quality of steak very poor.  I asked for chocolate ice cream with my pie the first evening, and was told it was unavailable.  When we went up to the buffet they had chocolate ice cream, and it amazed me that it took 3 nights to finally get chocolate ice cream.  While we enjoyed the ports, we did not enjoy dining, went to the speciality restaurants twice, which is something we rarely participate in.  Will not cruise with Holland America again.  Returning to Princess.

Large, well maintained, many amenities provided.
While they provided wheelchair assistance, they did not take me to my suite, but main lounge and then I had to walk the rest of the way. Again, I am used to much better treatment by other cruise lines.

Older ship, well maintained, smaller in size very easy to get around.