Ryndam Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Last Cruise of the Ryndam

Sail Date: April 12, 2015

HAL Ryndam will be sold to an Australian shipping line in October 2015. My party of four were aboard for the last cruise in the Caribbean for this ship as a Holland America ship. The food is still great. The entertainment was exceptional. Very dedicated and talented vocalists, dancers, and musicians. The Ryndam is 21 years old and is beginning to show its age. There were mechanical problems with the air conditioning which were quickly fixed. However, a toilet or sewage pipe malfunctioned and there was a bad order outside our room for a few days. The cabin stewards were fair. For some reason the towels were dingy and it was hard to get a bar of soap from the steward. The dining room staff seemed tired. The food was excellent, but the service was less than I had experienced on previous HAL cruises. I do not like anytime dining. I would have preferred a first dining time of 5:30 so I could get the same waiter. The pool, shop, and casino facilities were adequate. Old crowd aboard the Ryndam. No one could get through the security metal detector without setting it off. Too many knee replacements. The small ship by today's standards was great. No waiting in line for anything. Met a lot of nice people many of whom were old HAL cruisers.

HAL selling ship
Onboard Activities Only two kids on board that I saw and they were with their Father who worked for HAL
Very poor countries: Honduras, Guatemala, and Mexico. However, I am glad I got to visit them.

Small intimate ship. Easy to find your way around to different venues. Met really nice folks and saw them more than once.

1 Comment