relaxing with the seniors

Ryndam Cruise Review to Mexico

Moderator
Contributor Level: Captain

7 Night Mexico Sea Of Cortez (San Diego Roundtrip)
Sail Date: October 06, 2003
Ship: Ryndam

OK,  the only reason I did not give 5 stars is due to the age of the fellow passengers.   Now before you all get mad at me,  I was about 40 at the time and the majority of passengers were well into senior years. So not a lot of people to party with.   The ship was set for its demographic,  Everything was very nice, excellent service in the MDR, Bars, Pursers desk and cabin staff.  Nice large cabin compared to other ships I had been on to that point.  Classic cruise line decor with lots of wood work and nice art collection.  The food was good,   just a bit on the bland side,  nothing spicy, nothing out of the norm,  nothing to remember other then it was good. The entertainment was also set for the ships demographic,  not my taste but shows were done good.   Lucky I like the Oldies music and classical since that's what played in the bars.  I could see loving this ship if I was 70 or 80.  I guess at that age I was more a RCCL kinda passenger.

I give a "Great" for the quality, not the Menu

This is an older small ship by today's standard. If your looking for elegant and relaxing this is it. If your youngish and have some party left if you, may not be your ship.

The Amtrak drops you 2 blocks from the ship. If you do not want to walk with your luggage you can get a peddle cab for a few bucks.
Nice small town, not as commercial as other ports
Its Cabo, your drink, fish and swim....... or Drink like a fish and go swimming