Ryndam Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Fantastic cruise

Sail Date: September 03, 2008

The ship was great as were the staff. The only thing I thought was missing was a sheltered outdoor area with deck chairs - for those who were feeling a little seasick on occasions and didn't want to freeze to death while getting some fresh air.

Pros: Comfortable (although VERY small) cabin. Food, food and yet more food, all of supurb quality

Cons: The entertainment was a little lacking. Also, presentations at 9am is a little early for those on a well earned holiday

Recommends Ryndam? Yes!

We felt the entertainment was a little lacking. Presentations at 9am meant that we needed to be up at 7am to give us time to shower and have breakfast. I'm sure no one on a well earned holiday wants to be up that early.
We loved the open plan seating as it provided us with an opportunity to meet other guests. The first night however was a bit of a debarcle as none of us seemed to know that the Lido was an option for the dining room.
While we were initially shocked at how small the cabin was, we managed (somehow). The bed was very comfortable.
Skagway, Alaska
The helicopter to the glacier was FANTASTIC and well worth the cost. The musher camp was dreadful and definitely not worth $114 which comprised of a ho hum presentation by the musher followed by a trailer ride pulled by the dogs! The highlight of this trip was the jokes provided by the bus driver!! Even then he wouldn't stop so we could take a photo of the only bald eagle we had been near!
Don't Miss: Helicopter to the glacier
Ketchikan, Alaska
My husband said the fly fishing was fantastic. I had difficulty finding a tour that appealed to me in this port. My selected tour was cancelled due to lack of numbers, so I picked up a great tour on the dock - a trip out to see the bears (and we saw 5 of them for half an hour), Rainbow Waterfall and a visit to the Saxman Village followed by a quick spin around the town accompnaied by a very interesting commentary by the driver.
Juneau, Alaska
Oh please, are there not any other shops apart from jewellers who want to advertise in your shopping ashore leaflet? The evening whale watch was SUPURB.
Don't Miss: Evening whale watching