Ryndam Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

most awful cruise I've ever experieced

Sail Date: December 22, 2006

The Philipinos and Malaysian staff were outstanding - highly recommend.
This trip should be cancelled to Western Caribbean during December and January - weather dangerous and miserable. Made many cruises but rooming was incorrect from beginning, then table sittings incorrect to diabetics having to eat early, and with rain every day, there was nothing to do. As for Caribbean band on deck - one person on drum does not make Caribbean music - terrible disappointment. Food very good and room service excellent. Very expensive cruise for my worst one ever - having made at least 23 at far lesser fares.
Many, many people were disgusted and disappointed - tenders to shore should not have been made at all in one port - too dangerous - passenger sent to infirmary from banged head from high waves. This was a complete waste of my money for my family to get reaquainted and have a wonderful time.
I'm disabled and sailed H.A. times before, but no upgrade and indeed nothing but trouble with other rooms and seating arrangements. Took 2 days to get in touch with Maitre'D. I'm positive H.L. lines will receive many complaints - a very bad, boring and dangerous trip - complete waste of money.
Jean-Ann Burke

Pros: One sunny day in Costa Maya, Mexico

Cons: 10-12 foot seas preventing visiting Grand Cayman and Roata dangerous weather

Recommends Ryndam? No.

Food excellent, preparation and crew. No complaints at all.
Once rooms had been sorted out after 2 days - satisfactory.
Two professional shows very good and exceptional pianist.
Toilets seldom working and my son's overflowed during night.
Exceptional except that Information Desk had no idea about islands, distances, etc.