Ruby Princess Cruise Review to Coastal - West Coast

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Interesting Itinerary. Average Ship.

Sail Date: October 08, 2016

Reviewed: 1 month ago

Being able to visit different parts of California in one trip was great. The ship was average. Nothing terrible, but nothing memorable. The best food I had on the ship was the Bircher Muesli for breakfast. The entertainment was Ok. The lead female vocalist was wonderful. The male lead vocalist had pitch problems. The singing and dancing numbers were too imaginative. Simple would have been better. The Magician and Mentalist were redundant. Since they both had multiple shows it was too much. The comedian had too narrow a repertoire. I didn't find him funny. He also was overused. All the food was pretty good. Mongolian night and Bavarian night at the buffet seemed unpopular. I only chose this cruise for the itinerary, which was fabulous.

Cruise Photos

My cabin had a partially obstructed view. It didn't bother me at all. The location of my bed (against the long cabin wall) allowed me to sit right next to the window. The life boat outside the window only obstructed the view a little. The window was big and provided plenty of light. The closet was huge. It was the length of the bed. It did not have a door, but was separate from the rest of the room because it faced the bathroom.
Long Beach (Los Angeles), California
I got to LA early and took Super Shuttle to and from Airport, hotel and pier. I went to Disneyland for 3 Days. I wouldn't recommend going during Halloween or Christmastime simply because locals like to go then to in order to see themed rides and decorations. I would recommend Super Shuttle, as long as you are ok with carpooling with other passengers.