Ruby Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Extremely Disappointing!!!

Sail Date: April 12, 2014

Room Type: Suite

It has been a few years since I have sailed on Princess, and unfortunately, it will be many more.  I am at a Ruby level of the Captains Circle, and this is the worst Princess Cruise I have been on. I have never had a complaint about Princess.....until now.  The service was just "fine", the menu's were fair at best, reduced selection, and not very creative..... no lobster night because "it was only a 5 night cruise".....no theme nights because "it was only a 5 night cruise"....Purell could only be found at the Buffet, and not at the front of the dining rooms!  Asking for trouble with Noro viruses!  We had a mini suite which was very nice, but the couch was stained. I asked for sheet to put on the couch, and the cabin stewart handed me the sheet as opposed to putting it on for us.  We pre ordered room service for our disembarkation, it did not show up, and when I called, room service stated that they do not provide room service on the last morning (no one warned us, and it has always been provided on other ships, and where did our preorder door card go?!).  The dining room hours were reduced eg. breakfast was served from 7-9am even on sea days.  Cozumel - the dock was the far one, so getting into town was a trek.  Grand Cayman was cancelled because of white caps.  No replacement port, barely an apology, I thought he would have tried to get us to Princess Cay for our last day......but no.....we got $15 back for port fees, .....not even a complimentary drink!  For a Carribean Sampler Trip,  I thought Princess would pull out all the stops, especially since there were many first time people sailing.  Not so.  Our next cruise wil be on Holland America, sailed with them once, and they were outstanding!  Princess is not even close to what it used to be.