Ruby Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Ruby Princess

Sail Date: April 01, 2010

Overall the ship was great and would go again. There were some areas that need improvement. Dinner selections were substandard, I really had to struggle to select something to eat that I would like. They did have a chicken and beef on the menu for each day but the beef was only medallions and not a steak option. One of the reasons I selected this line is to use the Sanctuary. Prior cruises you would have to go up each AM to secure your spot and it was on a first come basis. This time passengers had the option to reserve a spot for the entire cruise on the first day you board. It cost 150 a person for the entire week. Many people did select this and when we went up that first day to use it, the entire thing was booked. We checked through the day and noticed that over 50% of the spaced were open and those people did not use the spaces. This made me very angry, here we were ready to use this and the space just remained vacant. Doing it this way prevents those who really want to use it from doing so. I really expressed my anger to the manager and was finally able to use a spot with the understanding if the person came I would have to leave. Guess what the person never came!!! What a waste of great space, and it was a good thing I pushed the issue. I am happy to say I did get to use the sanctuary 3 days by doing this, otherwise it would have just remained an open space.
My stateroom was a balcony on deck 10, it was very nice. The bed was very comfortable which made for a great nights sleep. The dcor was nice; the room was clean with no broken items.
The entertainment was great; they had several options of things to do at night. Movies under the stars, a comedian, or a main show in the Princess theater the movies were current a. There were also other activities to do at night other than the main options, dancing, games, and deck top parties.

Pros: Stateroom Balcony

Cons: Dinner food selections

Recommends Ruby Princess? No.