Royal Princess Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

We had cruised with Princess Cruises before but after this trip never again!

Sail Date: May 07, 2016

Now the Royal Princess is a beautiful ship but a way too large for my taste.  The elevators are overcrowded; which could be caused because there isn’t a staircase between floors in some areas.

The public areas are very small for a ship this size – good luck finding a seat midday when the ships at sea.

However our accessible stateroom was large, well-appointed and even the balcony was wheelchair accessible. Our steward was genuinely friendly and kept the stateroom spotless, but that is pretty much the last thing I have good to say about our cruise.

The food in the dining rooms was disgusting – poor quality ingredients that were badly prepared. The menu was very limited. I actually lost weight during my 7 days on the Royal Princess since the food was so uneatable!

I provided feedback to Princess Cruises and their respond was; we value your opinion. When I spoke with a Customer Relations Post Cruise Specialist I was told that taste in food was subjective - so I pretty sure my feedback will not be acted on.

We tried to eat at one of the specialty restaurants but the wait staff were chatting and after 30 minutes are of being ignore so we left.

The theater is very small for a ship that carriers about 3500+ guests and in my opinion the entertainment was substandard.  I feel that Princess Cruise does not understand they not only compete with other cruise lines but on shore venues as well for our vacation dollars. In Vancouver, we have street performers that offer better free entertainment.

Most of the staff (with a few notable exceptions) could not care less about the customer. I’m not saying they were rude – just disinterested. Plus they were always hawking something – coffee card, wine tastings or bottled water. I felt like I was somewhere the peddlers just wouldn’t take NO for an answer! We had breakfast in the Liddo most morning and I personally think that being interrupted 10 or 12 times during breakfast is excessive.

My suggestion, avoid the free lectures – they are just staff selling something you can buy cheaper on shore, without the pressure.

In fact, if you want to be treated as a valued customer; think twice before selecting Princess Cruise lines for your vacation.

Embarking was very well organized - disembarking was some what of a joke. We were suppose to meet at 9 am - we arrived 15 minutes early and were rushed off the ship. I'm in a wheelchair and although an ever shore day there was someone to help me get off the ship - when we disembarked in Rome I was on my own. It was like we were no longer Princess's problem and they just want us off the ship>

Select another ship and probably select another cruise line.