Royal Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Royal Princess cruise

Sail Date: April 01, 2014

My overall impression of the ship was it was very beautiful\, but not very functional. I booked a cabin midship next to the elevators thinking there would also be stairs there. Not so with this ship. Friends I was traveling with said this was the first Princess line ship they had been on that did not have stairs midship. The buffet was also a little confusing. Food items spread out and hard to find. Our cabin steward was very good. We had no problem with service except one day by the pool when I requested lemonade and was told I would have to go to the buffet to get that. The other days I requested lemonade the servers got it from the kitchen behind the bar at the pool. Don't know what the problem was this one day.

Pros: The beauty fo the ship

Cons: No center stairs. Only stairs available for cabins midship were for and aft. Very inconvenient. Also\, not a good layout for the buffet. One day out by the pool I requested lemonade and was told I would have to go to the buffet to get it.

Recommends Royal Princess? No.

Cabin steward wonderful\, waiters for dinner wonderful. Servers at the pool not so wonderful.
I was disappointed in the size of my cabin. I cruised last year on another cruise line and had a much larger room for the same price. I had a balcony room\, but the balcony was too small to even sit in the chairs facing outward. The chairs had to be turned sideways to even be used.