Royal Princess cruise

Royal Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Sail Date: April 01, 2014
My overall impression of the ship was it was very beautiful\, but not very functional. I booked a cabin midship next to the elevators thinking there would also be stairs there. Not so with this ship. Friends I was traveling with said this was the first Princess line ship they had been on that did not have stairs midship. The buffet was also a little confusing. Food items spread out and hard to find. Our cabin steward was very good. We had no problem with service except one day by the pool when I requested lemonade and was told I would have to go to the buffet to get that. The other days I requested lemonade the servers got it from the kitchen behind the bar at the pool. Don't know what the problem was this one day.

Cabin steward wonderful\, waiters for dinner wonderful. Servers at the pool not so wonderful.

I was disappointed in the size of my cabin. I cruised last year on another cruise line and had a much larger room for the same price. I had a balcony room\, but the balcony was too small to even sit in the chairs facing outward. The chairs had to be turned sideways to even be used.

Pros: The beauty fo the ship

Cons: No center stairs. Only stairs available for cabins midship were for and aft. Very inconvenient. Also\, not a good layout for the buffet. One day out by the pool I requested lemonade and was told I would have to go to the buffet to get it.

Recommends Royal Princess? No.