Royal Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Third Mate

One the best cruises ever!

Sail Date: October 01, 2015

Fallon Cheney, our cruise travel agent agent, did a fantastic job recommending this  10 night Southern Caribbean Medley on the Royal Princess.  My husband and I have been on at least 18 cruises since 1993 and this was, by far , the best cruise ship and service.  From the moment we boarded the ship in Ft. Lauderdale on October 1st until we disembarked on October 11th, we were so impressed with how efficient and professional the entire cruise staff handled themselves.  Hurricane Joaquin was in the Atlanta heading towards the Bahamas and we were worried how Princess would handle the situation.  The Captain and staff kept us well informed and out of danger.  We had to by pass our 1st port which was Princess Cay, but were thankful we were able to make the rest our ports.  We loved the layout of the ship, the many dining experiences offered, the awesome entertainment choices and most of all the courtesy and efficient staff serving us in all the different areas of the ship.  Due to their automation system, we able to get off  and on the ship at each port very quickly. It was nice to be greeted with a cool washcloth when re-boarding the ship at each port.  We were impressed at how the bar staff took our orders using an iPad and within minutes, a runner would bring our drinks to us.  We enjoyed each of the excursions offered by Princess for Dominica, Grenada and Bonaire.  There was so many dining choices from pizzas, sandwiches, Mongolian grill, German food, sushi, etc. Some had nominal fees such as the fondue, Crab Shack, the Chophouse or Sabatini's Italian Restaurant.  I enjoyed my Coffee card purchase which allowed me to have gourmet coffee, fresh brewed coffee, gelato or crepes.  Since I did not use up my card on this cruise, I will be able to use it on a future Princess cruise.  We look forward to doing more Princess cruises in the future and would love to do another cruise on the Royal Princess.

Cruise Photos

Very spacious, plenty of storage and closet space. And our Cabin Steward was amazing.
Children's Programs Did not use this service.