Immaculate ship

Royal Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Contributor Level: Third Mate

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: January 19, 2014
Ship: Royal Princess
Cabin Number: GUAR

I enjoyed this cruise because the ship was so well maintained.  You never saw  a table in the Horizon cafe sit there dirty for any length of time.  The staff was always clearing and cleaning them.  Our cabin steward, Randy, kept the cabin in pristine condition. The ports of call allowed you just enough time to see the island if that is what you wanted. I especially enjoyed the private island.  Unlike other lines where you were packed  in on the beach that was not the case on their private island.

My only disappointment was the food in the dining rooms (not the service).  The entres were not what I would consider of high quality.  The meat was over cooked and of imferior grade.  The vegetables were also over cooked. Your could order something else if you were not pleased but based on what I saw there was very little difference.  Since this ithis aspect of the cruise is very important to us, this would keep us from sailing with  Princess again  The cuisine on Celebrity is far superior.

The food in the Horizon cafe specifically breakfast was very good.

Sincerely,