The New Royal Princess needs some revisions
Royal Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean
Ship: Royal Princess
Cabin Type: Balcony
Traveled As: Couple
Reviewed: 3 years ago
Princess is our preferred cruise line. We enjoyed the Crown Princess, the Emerald Princess, and the Sapphire Princess. We were so excited to be traveling on the new Royal Princess, but our expectations were not met for the following reasons:
1. The embarkment was a mess, unorganized and took way too long. Usually it runs very smoothly on Princess
2. The toilets in the public areas had difficulty in flushing
3. Poor dining room service the first two days in the "anytime dining" The waiters did not introduce themselves and did not refill beverages, bread, etc.My prime rib came medium rare and I requested medium well. Was sent back two times. I finally gave up.On the third day, we found a sweet and efficient server who gave us a great eperience, so we called and requested her section for the remaining of the cruise.
4. Usually, Princess shows movies and concerts daily by the pool. This is one of the reasons we choose to go Princess. On this ship, so much of the time, the movie screen just shoed landscapes which was boring.
5. Whave cruised over 20 times and this is the first ship where the room stewart did not have cute folded toels in the cabin, WHY??? This is one of the fun things we look forward to on a cruise.
6. The buffet service on the Lido deck offers many selections, but it is so spread out. Be ready to walk, not easy for people who have difficulty.
7. We usually enjoy going to see the Kareoke, but the seating in the "Princess Live" is very tight and not comfortable, miss the comfy seats in the lounge areas of the other ships.
8. Loss valuable time (4 hours) trying tomuse the ship's internet system, it was not reliable
9. We did love the new design of the Princess theater. Loved the center aisle and the comfy seating, easy to see. Sad they did not offer even one inside movie in this beautiful theater.
10. The disembarkment was much smoother than the embarkment. Hopefully Princess will correct the problems relayed by us cruisers.We will probably use the older ships until we see more progress.