Worst cruise ever!!!

Rotterdam Cruise Review to Hawaii

Sail Date: December 01, 2011
Ship: Rotterdam
I was told by my cruise booking agent that I'd be in a non-smoking cabin. When I got on board, it was a smoking cabin. I phoned them before the ship left port and they refused to help me at the dock and would not refund my money. When I got home and wrote to them, they claimed I was lying about reserving a non-smoking cabin and told me the woman who booked my cruise had left their employee so they could not verify it with her. Second hand smoke fumes caused me to become sea sick (first time ever) and ruined my vacation. The ship needs refurbishing. I also got food poisoning (along with a few others) and had to fly home

Main dining room had okay food. I got food poisoning from buffet food. I did notice that the crew prepares their food separately from the guests and that it appeared prime..whereas..ours was not.

The activities were so boring or non-existant. Only good thing they had were movies, but they had them scheduled so close together that people were constantly walking in and out. Went to a meditation session and it was a guy playing a tape recorder of a womans voice. The spa was super small and no large whirlpool. The pool in the back was nice, but everyone was smoking out there.

We were told we would be moved to a non-smoking room by ship staff after we set sail if at all possible. We found out that several people left the ship, and asked to be moved time after time as the smoke made us sick, but they refused to move us even when other cabins were vacant. One young man at the desk was nice enough to send us wine and chocolate, but I was to sick to enjoy the wine and we gave it away when i flew home with food poisoning.

Our room was filthy when we boarded, blood stains on sheets, white powder on floor, etc., smelled like a tavern.

The rooms are large, but the room smelled like a tavern and was dirty when we boarded. Twice we had sheets on our bed with blood stains. THat was pretty gross.

Pros: Getting food poisoning

Cons: Cruises Only (aka mr.cruises) booking a smoking room by accident and ruining trip

Recommends Rotterdam? No.