Fabulous cruise, fabulous ship!

Rotterdam Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

7 Night Alaska Explorer (Seattle Roundtrip)
Sail Date: May 15, 2010
Ship: Rotterdam
The ship was absolutely decadent. The food was exceptional and frequent, the evening shows were world-class. I was on the Alaskan cruise with my mom (I'm 29) and most of the other cruisers were quite older. The scheduled activities were definitely catered to an older generation (bridge, cooking shows, etc.) which was fine with me because I really just wanted to relax and read my book, but it's something to be aware of. The ship was immaculate, the service was great. I couldn't have had a better time. There were two times during the week when the toilets didn't work for about an hour or two but the maintenance crew had them fixed quickly.

The food was world-class.

The evening shows were fabulous. ]\

Excellent staff.

The Saxman Native Village shore excursion was okay, but I wouldn't do it again. There was too much down time during the excursion and it didn't leave enough time to walk around the city.
Don't bother with an excursion here - just walking around town was lots of fun.
We just walked around Juneau, went to the museum, and visited the capitol building - didn't spend any extra money on the shore excursions. That was plenty enjoyable although the other cruisers seemed to really enjoy the excursions.
The nature walk./raptor center shore excursion was very interesting and informative - a good tour of Sitka.

Pros: Food was great, service was great, everything was great.

Cons: I gained 4 pounds because the food was so good.

Recommends Rotterdam? Yes!