Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

First Time Cruisers

Sail Date: July 01, 2010

Room Type: Suite

This was our first cruise and I loved that the ship was on the smaller size (2,000 guests) and easy to get around. It didn't take us long to find exactly what we were looking for. The food was fantastic and between the dining room and the buffet you could find what you were looking for each day. Even though there were always a number of people at the Windjammer buffet I never felt like I had to wait for a thing. From the salads to the desert area there were always so many options to choose from. Carly, the cruise director, kept everyone informed on ship offerings and also the excursions. Every night there was a production number to see, from the ships dancers and singers to entertainers brought on for the cruise. Bingo and trivia sessions were other activities that were used by all ages. The ship has been refurbished and our stateroom (a junior suite) was very comfortable with a tub with shower. Although I hear the ship is heading to Australia I would love to go back aboard and hopefully see some of the friends we had made.

Pros: I loved the feeling of being treated like family. We got to know a number of the staff and it was sad saying good bye. There was always someone near by to ask a question of and if they didn't know the answer would get back to us soon thereafter. The food, activities and excursions were top notch.

Cons: Having to say good bye until our next cruise.

Recommends Rhapsody of the Seas? Yes!

For a first cruise the junior suite was a bonus for us. Plenty of storage and closet space.
We never didn't see a smile on the ship staff or willingness to help anyone out.