Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review

Contributor Level: Second Mate

My wife and I decided to sail on the Rhapsody based on a number of factors. 1. I have sailed everyone of Celebrity's ships as well as most of Princess's. My cousin's wife is a huge fan of Royal Carribean and always has to come up with some aspect of her cruise that was better than mine for the sake of oneupmanship. I figured I should try out at least one sailing so that I can have some credibility before I slam her. Even though her experience is limited to RC only. 2. The cruise fare I was able to nail was 649.00 each for the 7 night cruise. That included everything. 3. We live in San Diego and the embarkation and debarkation in LA was awesome beyond words compared to having to fly in and be shuttled back and forth to the airport. So....how was the cruise? We went in the first week of March and the weather was spectacular. Otherwise, Mexico is Mexico. Nice, but pretty much the same no matter where you go. I don't recommend swimming in the ocean unless you go way out. L.A and San Diego have difficulty containing raw sewage from going in to the ocean on a monthly basis. Mexico does not even come close to having systems that are as modern or effective. Figure it out. The ship was very nice, the cabins were a little smaller than comparable ones on Celerity and Princess, and a little more stark and plain. The food was mediocre at best.The wait staff in the restuarants were friendly and provided good service, however, the rest of most the crew were next to rude. No eye contact, no polite hello etc. I mean how hard is it to say hi when you walk by?