Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

What an experience!!

Sail Date: April 01, 2007

What an experience!!! I have cruised many times in the past, it's the only way to vacation...However, this cruise was a very cruel joke. The best part was meeting new people and the ease of leaving the ship at the end.

Pros: The nice people we met

Cons: The manager of Casino, the food,the ship, and the hundreds of kids

Recommends Rhapsody of the Seas? No.

Our room was a okay size and they did clean twice a day.
There was one employee (Maria) a bartender at the Champagne Bar, who was just lovely and we just fell in love with her.
I have never been so disappointed as I was with the food on this cruise. The Wind jammer lunch buffet was horrible. My husband and I both had a problem shortly after eating there on 2 occasions.(We then only ate in the dining room or ordered room service.)Even then that food was only average. One evening they offered a shrimp-crab salad and I eagerly ordered it, only to have it arrive with the smallest shrimp imagineable and no crab, but KRAB. I was not the only one commented on this, most just did as I did and sent it back. The midnight buffet was so overly crowded that we couldn't even get inside to take a picture. The dining room itself was quite lovely except for the sour smell coming from the drain 2 tables over. We also found the steaks inedible and so nightly our choices narrowed to salads and the basic foods offered. These were adequate.
Who knows, there were so many kids running around on this ship that you couldn't even get a chaise lounge by the pool unless you spent the night there!!
It seems that had the run of the ship. Not only did they have activities, but they took over everyone's as well.