Regal Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Amazing food, great comfort

Sail Date: March 13, 2016

This was my first time on Princess Cruises, having cruised 8 times on Royal Caribbean and once on Celebrity. The food on this ship was far better than I've ever experienced on any ship. The quality of the food in the buffet, Horizon Court/Bistro, was incredible--a large variety and consistently delicious! I especially loved the Brazilian dinner night--I'm not sure if this is use on the Regal Princess or on all Princess cruises.

The overall appearance of the ship was also more impressive, very clean, very well-designed and classy.

My one problem with the cruise line is that because the demographic is a bit older, there were fewer activities. In past cruises, I've enjoyed a variety of daily dance classes, whereas this cruise offered only ballroom classes that necessitated a partner and Zumba--although Zumba was fun, it was held at 9:30am and on the basketball court rather than by the pool, making it more clearly exercise than recreation. There were also more activities by the pool, crafting activities, cooking/mixology workshops, scrapbooking workshops, and games (just generally more things to do). I really enjoyed some of the night entertainment shows that some Royal/Celebrity cruises don't have. I loved the Blind Date Game Show and the Body Language Game, neither of which I'd seen on any other cruise. The production shows were also better than most cruises (besides some Royal cruises that have off-broadway productions). The singers and dancers were incredibly talented.

Disembarkation was incredibly easy! They have an easy check in system for people with flights--they do your check in for you, take your suitcases to the airport and dispatch them. That means you don't have to get your suitcases and get them to the airport after disembarkation, or walk them off yourself. It's a $20 fee, but definitely worth it. If you have a heavy bag, you will not be charged for the excess weight either. Great for people traveling internationally.

Embarkation, though, had crazy long lines. It took very, very long to get on the ship. Getting off, however, took less than ten minutes.

Important warning: The "unlimited sodas and more package" is a complete waste of money. The package only includes fountain sodas, meaning the only diet soda is diet coke. No canned or bottled sodas included. The mocktails, like the pina coladas and coco locos, are from boxed mixes that are very underwhelming. if you're looking to drink soda, the soda package will only be worth it if you're looking to drink the specific sodas available on the gun.

Cabin / Stateroom My stateroom was incredibly spacious compared to any other cruise, with lots of walking space, 4 mirrors, a small ledge in the shower to put toiletries (whereas other cruise showers had barely space for one bottle of shampoo. The beds were more comfortable than on any other ship I've been on.

Main dining takes forever--we only went the first night after realizing dinner would take 2.5 hours and went to the buffet every other night. Thankfully, the food in the buffet was so delicious it was an easy solution!