Regal Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean

Second Mate

Just not us

Sail Date: February 07, 2016

After 7 cruises on Royal Caribbean ships and 1 Norwegian, we are spoiled by all the entertainment and first class shows by those two. That's just us, most everybody I talked to on the Regal just loved the ship, and it was either their 2nd or more cruises on there or planned on being there again.

I very seldom write a negative review because I despise negativity but I guess my disappointment was a little too much.

I was disappointed for the lack entertainment in the piazza or the time in-between acts. Especially during the day there was little going on. We are use to something going on all day on other ships. Was really disappointed on port days. We like to stay on the ship and relax and be entertained as do many people. There was no entertainment, nothing to do. I went for my 3 mile walk on the track and it was closed down.

Like I said, it's just us. We plan and wait a year for this special week and pay a lot of money to be entertained and like to be by our selves. We don't want to go with a group of family or friends and that's what it seemed to be the trick on this ship. Most were in groups playing cards or reading books. We just want to do something different once a year and get away from normal routine. If we want to read or play card we can stay home to do that.

For this 70 year old I'm afraid it's not for us. It's a beautiful ship but for us was just too boring. We miss the broadway shows, professional acts, piano players that interact with the audience, go from one act to another on another part of the ship, the parades and on and on.

I really hate to say this but for 4 of the 7 days we dreaded the coming day. The highlight of the day for me was going between the hot tub and walking on the track. My wife's knees are real bad so she can't walk much and can't do the tenders. She did get off at Cozumel just to walk to the shops and back mostly to relieve boredom.

The crew for the most part was very pleasant, loved Ana our nightly dinner waitress.  The food for the most part wasn't quite up to par with the other cruises.

I'm happy for everyone that loves this ship, after a day I'm already starting to book the Allure of the Seas or one of the new Royal ships.

Cruise Photos