Great new ship!

Regal Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Sail Date: November 01, 2014
Ship: Regal Princess
I've been on many Princess ships. While similar in many ways this ship seemed more spacious just about everywhere I went. I absolutely LOVE the retreat! Remember the ships like the Emerald or the Ruby where they have the small pool in front\, right off of the fitness room and spa area? It has like 7 or 8 chairs on each side? Well let me tell you this retreat area is spectacular! There must be 100 or more chairs and 8 Cabana's (that you can rent for the day or half day) and it's an adult only area with a full bar! This is by far the best change Princess made!

We ate in the main dining room\, rear deck 6. I felt like I was in a Japanese steak house as the dcor is very dark\, dark gray walls trimmed in heavy black accents and a dark red carpet. Why Princess took this one room and made it totally different than the theme of the rest of the ship is beyond me. This room feels more like an NCL or Costa dark dining room

Steel drum guy (Tyrone) was great and we even took lessons which was really fun! I hope they keep that up. The Beatles Maniacs show was amazing!

We found everyone on board over the top with friendliness and willingness to help.

This being a new ship or course it is excellent!

Very clean\, nice balcony but smaller than other ships. I think the balcony only extended about 3ft out.

Pros: The feel of roominess

Cons: The decor of the dining room in the back\, deck 6

Recommends Regal Princess? Yes!