Regal Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

First Timer

Sail Date: November 09, 2014

The embarkation lines at the airport were very long and somewhat unorganized. The ship itself was very beautiful. The color scheme was rich and elegant. I was part of a group of 900 travel agents and should mention this was my first cruise. I have traveled somewhat extensively, but have always chosen land packages and resort vacations. Even though this was the Regal's first U.S. sailing, my stateroom had a spot on the carpet and two blemishes on the desktop where something had apparently dug into the veneer on top. My stateroom was quiet and of adequate size for one person. I boarded the ship as an Elite Commodore status which is the highest recognized level of traveler for Princess. This level included a free complimentary mini bar set up that was supposed to be personalized.  I contacted Room Service the first afternoon and requested the various types of alcohol be changed out for vodka of any sort.  I was advised the ship was already out of vodka and they were expecting more the next day. My mini bar was never changed out per my request at any time during the duration. The linens were boasted about on the website, and where I thought the bed linens were fine and comfortable, I found the bath linens to be dull and very rough. I had requested a robe on the Cruise Personalizer a few weeks prior to the cruise and again on the first day of the cruise. I never received a "complimentary" robe to use at anytime during the cruise. The menu in the Allegro Dining room was virtually the same for more than half the cruise and the meat dishes were usually overcooked. Sabotinis and the Crowne Grill specialty dining rooms offered great service and amazing selections. Alfredos offered a small menu, and very few choices for salad/antipasto, but the ravioli in that restaurant was quite good. The elevators usually had lines and were always full.  I always took the stairs down, and most times also walked up the stairs if I was going up four or fewer floors. The Princess Theater was nice, but the sound system for the conference as well as some of the other productions was awful.  I did enjoy the production Fiera, the voices, costuming and lighting were all very well done. I did appreciate the many seating options and places  that a couple or small group could congregate to visit or have a cocktail. My bags were picked up the night before we disembarked per policy. Even though my two tagged bags were set out together, only one was put in the proper Silver 3 section. I had to search several hundred bags on my own to fine it had been misplaced by staff and actually put in a different/incorrect tag location. I would suggest you allow ample time to disembark and process out if you need to make an outbound flight.