Regal Princess (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Panama Canal, Central America

Wonderful cruise and ports of call!

Sail Date: February 09, 2007

This was only my second cruise and my husband's first. The ship was smaller than the other Princess cruise I had been on, but that wasn't a bad thing. We never felt crowed. There were a lot of clubs/bars on board with entertainment in each nightly so there was plenty of options. If I had anything negative to say about the Regal Princess it would be that you couldn't walk the full ship on the prominade deck, just up and down each side. You had to cross through the ship to get to the other side of the prominade deck. However there was a walking/jogging track above the pools that was a continous circle.

Pros: I loved having the privacy to just relax, whether it was in our stateroom, on one of the decks or out by the pools. My husband and I came home refreshed and rejuvinated.

Cons: My least favorite part of the cruise was that we didn't have much time (2 hours) in a couple of the ports of call.

Recommends Regal Princess (RETIRED)? Yes!

Huatulco, Mexico
Very nice beach at the port. But we didn't have enough time to see anything else.
Oranjestad, Aruba
Worth seeing, but it didn't take long. The island is very small. The beaches were nice!
Huatulco, Mexico
Oranjestad, Aruba
Puntarenas, Costa Rica
We went on an excursion to the beaches that are in their state park - I can't think of the name. It was beautiful. Loved the water - 92 degrees in February! Beautiful surroundings. And the animals were great too - especially the monkeys!! Our tour guide and driver were wonderful pointing out all the sites - including crockadiles.
Puntarenas, Costa Rica
Fuerte Amador, Panama
We didn't have time to do much here. There was a small shopping small in the harbor and that's as far as we got due to time constraints.
Don't Miss: The Canal is the exciting destination here!! Find a good place to stand on the ship.
Fuerte Amador, Panama
Puerto Quetzal, Guatemala
We went to Antigua. It was beautiful. The volcanos were spectacular - there was actually steam coming from one of them.
Puerto Quetzal, Guatemala