Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review to Alaska - Gulf of Alaska

Great vacation!

Sail Date: July 10, 2015

We had a great vacation on Radiance of the Seas. We had a balcony room, and slept with the door open all night! The staff was great. We ate in the regular dining room each night, and the food was wonderful. The kids enjoyed the rock climbing wall, and the mini golf. The shows were great. We wanted to see a movie, but the theater was too small, and needs to be updated. Could not really enjoy a film in there, the sound was bad, the seats were broken. Not enough room for everybody. It was clear that the priority was put on places where guests would spend money! We went to the Captains talk and enjoyed that. The highlight was the trip to Hubbard Glacier! We had a perfect day for it. This was my 3rd cruise, and only the 1st with Royal. I would go with them again, but wish they didn't spend so much time trying to sell you stuff. That is the reason I took off one star... really, you could not walk around anywhere on the ship without somebody wanting to get more money out of you! I did not feel this way on the other cruise lines, so I would be more likely to go back to one of them.  Alaska was awesome!

They need updating... and I hear they will get it next year.
Getting on and off was great, but at the end we did not book our final trip with them. I asked for a map of the city, and they told me they didn't have one. I would have to walk into town and get one at the visitors center. REALLY? They provide a shopping map at every stop, but not a simple map at the final stop? I get that there was no fancy diamond store there, but still would have been nice to have a simple map with directions to the train, local attractions, etc.
Very nice room. Near the front of the ship and there was almost NO hallway traffic. Loved the balcony.

Go early the first night, and reserve a table for the whole cruise at dinner. It was wonderful to be able to go right to the table and not have to wait in line every night!