Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review to Alaska - Gulf of Alaska

Third Mate

The Walking Dead

Sail Date: August 30, 2013

Radiance of the Seas is a beautiful cruise ship and the staff and crew were wonderful. They did everything to make the cruise a memorable experience. I always heard that Alaska cruises consisted mostly of an elderly clientele but this was ridiculous. Most of the passengers were angry, rude and completely oblivious to anyone else but themselves. I ran into numerous passengers with severe dementia, some would scream at staff for no reason, others would just push fellow passengers out of their way to get a better place in line.
I asked my cabin steward about the anger I was experiencing among these elderly passengers and he told me it has been getting worse over the last few years. Passenger rudeness and extreme selfishness is now a serious problem for the cruise lines. I experienced it first hand.

Cruise Photos

Staff and crew were wonderful. Food was good and the shore excursions were excellent.