Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

My 6th Royal Caribbean cruise

Sail Date: February 01, 2011

Ship was very nice, clean, huge public areas. It seemed as if we were always waiting on elevators. I took 2 first-timers with me, who were supposed to receive $25 onboard spending, but did not. That was disappointing for me, since I had bragged on Royal's service for months, but we still had a great time.

Pros: Wait staff, shopping at the $10 booth, people we dined with.

Cons: Cabins too small, bathrooms too small, food

Recommends Radiance of the Seas? Yes!

Dining Room food was bland. We were placed in an anteroom rather than the main dining room, which I did not like.I did not complain because we had wonderful dining mates. Food in the Windjammer, usually breakfast and lunch, was excellent.
We had 3 adult women in a balcony stateroom. 'Way too small! Bathroom floor flooded when shower was used, balcony was large enough for just 2 people. Storage was almost non-existent. I wish we had opted for a Jr. Suite or larger.
Something going on every second, especially for kids or newly married. Nightly entertainment was okay - first comedian was excellent. Jewelry making class and animal towel folding class was fun!
Ship size was just right. All public areas were large and beautiful, except the casino. Gaming tables were crammed right next to slot machines & couldn't walk through easily. If you were in a wheel chair, as many were, forget it.
Waiters and room stewards were excellent. I had a problem with a Guest Relations person who seemed under-informed and couldn't help with a problem. Maybe it was her first day.