Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Alaskan Cruise to Remember

Sail Date: June 01, 2010

This was our second trip to Alaska (first on RC) and we knew what to expect but it was even better than the first time. From the moment we boarded the ship it was a very enjoyable experience. I had always heard that RC was for the younger crowd and it was very evident once we boarded the ship. Our last cruise to Alaska on Princess I think my wife's 80 year old father was one of the younger people on board. Everyone on this ship was friendly and went out of their way to make you feel welcome and at ease.
The dining room staff on this cruise was the best we have encountered in our short (4 cruises) cruise experience. Our waiter (Sayed) the assistant waiter (Maurice) and bar waiter (Tash) were nothing but professional and at the same time made you feel like one of the family. I don't think we will ever have a team of waiters take care of us the way these men did. If you are ever on the Radiance of the Seas ask if Sayed is there and if you can get in his section you will not regret it.
The only complaint about the ship was from my wife about the lack of onboard shops. For that I would like to thank RC. She did make up for it in every port. I would also recommend for anyone that is doing Alaska to get rooms on the back of the ship. The view is spectacular and you aren't just seeing it from one side of the ship. When we left Hubbard Glacier it was the highlight of the trip. What a spectacular view. This was a trip we will not soon forget and RC was a big part of it.

Pros: Dining Room Staff

Cons: Not enough shops on board (wife)

Recommends Radiance of the Seas? Yes!

I am a cpap user and request distilled water which was waiting for me in the room and when I started to call for an extension cord and there was a knock at the door and our attendent was at the door with an extension cord before I could call. Except for the very loooong walk to the back of the ship i will only sail on a ship with rooms on the back.
There is nothing I can say other than this was a bunch of happy friendly people that made us fee very welcome and i did not meet one person that did not smile and say hello.
Very clean and well kept
Not a complaint about anything served to me on this trip. Wait staff made sure we were well fed and happy.