Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review to Alaska

Dissapointing for me but not for my wife

Sail Date: August 01, 2007

Room Type: Suite

This was my 35 wedding anniversary cruise to Alaska for my wife and I. We did the land portion first for 7 days, and then the Southward bound 7 day cruise. I had gone on at least 5 other cruises in my life, several of them 21+ days, but that was 32 years ago. My wife had never gone a cruise so she had nothing to compare this experience to other than the level of service and food she was accustomed to when we traveled. My wife tells me that I set my expectations to high; I judge the level of service by how we are treated at the Fairmount Hotels, or for that matter, one of the better hotels on the strip in Las Vegas like the Bellagio or Caesars. This was nothing like that, the accountants are running the hospitality aspects of the ship and it reflects poorly on the company. Here is just one very small, annoying process that has been put in place on board ship, you cannot run a tab. Every time you order a drink you must close out the tab. This is very annoying especially during dinner. The food at its best mediocre and you always felt rushed, this also applies to the two other premium restaurants alternatives on board. We were fortunate in that on our stateroom level we had access to a concierge, so we worked all our fixes through him. He was a god send since when you were forced to work with the rest of he crew they did not see to understand the concept of Accommodating the guests requests. The front desk would typically say no to requests that were a little off the norm without offering you any other alternatives or possibilities even with the proper handshake. My wife enjoyed herself but I strongly feel that I did not receive fair value for my money.

Pros: Stability and Condition of the ship

Cons: Service and Food

Recommends Radiance of the Seas? No.

Activities we excellent Entertainment was embarrassing
Suite Attendants and concierge were excellent, Front Desk and Exploration Desk were ill informed and at times discourteous