Very nice, but over-rated

Queen Mary 2 Cruise Review to Transatlantic

Sail Date: November 01, 2006
Ship: Queen Mary 2
Cabin Type: Suite
This ship itself is very English, convservatively elegant, stately, and "Titanic"-like. My husband and I thought we'd be much more impressed given the hype and media it has attracted since its debut. The thought of a TransAtlantic crossing on the QM2 with our kids was to be a truly unique experience. It was, but we wouldn't do it again. It's not for kids or teens. Even my husband and I (30's 7 40's) grew bored and longed for a younger crowd. Six days at sea is a long time! My husband was ready to jump overboard by the time we got to Southhampton. From there we went straight to London where the fun really started!

Pros: Our "Sandringham" Duplex suite

Cons: Stuffy and boring

Recommends Queen Mary 2? Yes!