Queen Mary 2 Cruise Review to Transatlantic

Excellent experience

Sail Date: September 01, 2009

My husband and I took the Queen Mary two summers ago from New York to Southampton on our way to Morocco. We were so excited and with good reason. The crew was very attentive and the food was over the top. Everything was perfect and no expense was spared as far as attention to detail and cleanliness. I actually saw a steward going around the halls with a white glove checking for dust. No one was allowed to take a tray in the buffet areas without first using hand sanitizer. It was a little boring by the 5th day, but we only took the ship as a means to go from point A to point B as I do not fly! It scares me. Anyway, we had a relaxing time and the cabin was wonderful. We got upgraded to an oceanview and were thrilled! We just wish there had been a few more younger people, but overall, we loved it! We are going again next year. I was expecting our first baby when we went in 2008 and she will be 2 next time. :)

Pros: the delicious food and wonderful variety

Cons: the age of the people - not too many people in their 30's

Recommends Queen Mary 2? Yes!

The lectures were boring, but the library was good and so were the movies!