Twice the price, half the service

Queen Mary 2 Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Sail Date: October 01, 2007
Ship: Queen Mary 2
I was very disappointed. They QM2 had the reputation of being 1 of the best but certainly was not.

some of the food was good but selection was very limited.

Not many activities compared to other ships I have been on.

Rest of staff was awful. did nothing except what they had to. They even refused to give my lady coconut ice cream because we did not eat at that restaurant and would not simply give her a plate to walk with. Would not let people small resaurants w/o reservations even though places were 1/2 full well beyand start time. Would not grant my request to leave me extra glass of water(always took so long for a water refill at dinner, so I simply requested to leave me 2 glasses) saying they will bring water when I want. Casino staff were not good their trade at all!.

A huge ship. A grand sight. Most days I could not get in a hot-tub that was working properly. But they were constantly painting the hull and other areas of the ship making it look very spiffy. I wish they would have fixed the hot tubs

Nice bedding and amenities, good size room. Room Steward was always ready to give extra fine service.

Pros: Stateroom had nice amenities & Room Steward was great.

Cons: Awful, rude & inflexble service(except for Room Steward)

Recommends Queen Mary 2? No.