Queen Mary 2 Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Oh My Goodness !!!!!

Sail Date: December 01, 2007

I have had the pleasure of sailing with the Cunard Line before and that experience was 100% plus. With those memories I decided to book another Cunard cruise.
What a let down it was! The staff appeared to be all new and did not have a clue how to handle people or even talk to them.
They always came first and if you were lucky you came second or third. Their knowledge of the ship and how to be polite with the guests was certainly lacking. Staff were told off in front of everyone, [what happened to common sense of when and where you spoke to your staff]. The food was nothing special and all tasted the same. In the dinning room the waiters were always running around doing what I don't know but the waiting time to receive your food was not called for and many times you would not receive your tea or coffee at the end of your meal as the staff were to busy cleaning off the tables for the second sitting or maybe vacuuming the carpet while you were eating. My experience was not the Cunard Line that I remembered and I am so dreadfully disappointed. I think Cunard should have paid us to go on the cruise.

Pros: The Medical Center was well staffed with very Knowledgeable Doctors and Nurses.

Cons: I still cannot believe that this was the Cunard Line

Recommends Queen Mary 2? No.

More training is certainly in order.
It would have been very helpful to have had better directions on the ship so you could actually find what you where looking for instead of going around in circles but don't ask staff they don't know either.
The food all tasted the same and you were lucky to finish up with a tea or coffee.
Very good and the lady who kept it clean was lovely.
The actors did the best they could. Certainly not up to Cunard standards.