Queen Elizabeth 2 (RETIRED) Cruise Review

I am astonished to see nothing but 5-star ratings for the QE2. From the start, the whole cross-Atlantic voyage was more than I anticipated. Embarkation was smooth, with our cabin steward remembering our names throughout the voyage. The dining experience was what you would expect from a first class ship. All the food was excellent as was the service. When our young daughter inquired about the prvious nights dessert, the waiter apologized and said that if any were left, they were probably at the casual buffet. While waiting for her second choice to arrive, the waiter brought the first choice, which he had gone to the buffet area to retrieve!Entertainment was just fine, with a lecture by a supersonic Concorde jet pilot the highlight for me. (We had already upgraded to the Concorde return flight to end our vacation totally spoiled.)After cruising with Disney a few months before, we were amazed that our young children (8 & 10) had more fun on the QE2. The ship has a children's activity room - just the basics - where the kids had organized fun.This trip was the time for me to not answer the phone, forget about work and totally unwind. And that is exactly what I did.If relaxation and fine food combined with excellent service is not your cup of tea, then you would be much happier on a partying ship where the clubs rock all night.