Filter reviews by

121 Quantum of the Seas Reviews

Definitely not a "WOW" experience by pchong2012

Sail date: / Traveled as: Singles/Friends
Ship: Quantum of the Seas / Destination: Caribbean - Eastern

Dynamic dining was a waste of time and stressful by phone, online and onboard.  Wait service in restaurants and Windjammer were not always friendly or accommodating (inefficient and lack of training).  Lack of variety and tastefulness of food choices was evident especially in the Windjammer.

All 4 members of our party at different times contracted the "virus." Miscommunication between medical staff and room service resulted in a 42 hour isolation for one member of our party.

The bright side of this trip was our room steward "Jerry,"  He was always friendly, accommodating, and provided excellent service.

Although the décor was not to our taste, the ship was bright and cheerful.  Our room accommodations were excellent.

Not worth the money or the time by Alenatix

Ship: Quantum of the Seas / Destination: Caribbean - Eastern

Check-in process took over an hour (not counting time spent at home on pre-registration and on-line check-in).  We had to literally "hunt" the attendant to admit us and after standing in three lines just to see each of the attendants leave to "take care of something else", we had to request supervisor assistance to finally let us in.  This is pretty much how things went for the rest of the cruise:

- key for the suite not working on boarding day; we could not get into our room for over an hour (we were sitting with all of our luggage and the upset child outside of the room all this time).  Multiple calls and requests for assistance later, my husband had to come down to customer service and start yelling for someone to let us into our room.

- our pre-purchased bathrobes and slippers were lost and delivered only on day 5 (after multiple calls to housekeeping and customers service with promises to deliver them "right away" each day)

- pre-purchased water doodle toy for our child never delivered (we were told that it "shouldn't have been sold" and that they no longer carry this item)

- pre-requested mini-fridge not working, new one brought-in after multiple calls to maintenance

- on-board activities seriously lacking (compared to other RC ships). This was our first cruise where both kids were wining because there was nothing to do

- entertainment limited to 3 decent shows we had to book months in advance (many others on board could not get them reserved and were left with nothing, so we were "lucky"), the rest of the evenings were spent watching movies

- cruise ports of call adjusted to only 1 morning in Haiti and 1 evening in Puerto Rico (9 day cruise), both kids and adults extremely disappointed

- food was terrible in most restaurants (we ended-up requesting everything on the menu in hopes that a couple of the items may be edible)

- pool area swamped with people (considering that there's nothing else to do), so my parents had to reserve spaces at 6:00 AM each morning

- water in the cabin, outside of the cabin and in public areas smelled like fish.  I'm not sure what was causing this, but suspect it has to do with the filtration system (never had this type of experience on other ships).

- Noro virus break-out on day 3 of the cruise, gradually getting worse by day 9.  Thankfully, our family wasn't impacted as we were washing hands (and forcing kids to wash) like lunatics.  However, I suspect that kitchen/restaurant staff may have been the source of this on Quantum.  This is after I noticed a number of waiters cut fruit or make tea w/out gloves on (and them proceeding to throw things into trash and never washing their hands)

- I was put-off

- heavy emphasis on making you pay extra every way you turn, though out the cruise

- last, but not least, do everything possible to avoid Port Liberty, NJ.  We were disembarking in 32F weather and security does not let you wait for your car inside.  Everyone is forced outside (rain or shine; kids or no kids) and one of the security guards told us that she "could care less" that my child was already coughing as it "wasn't her fault".

Apologies, but I have nothing good to report about this cruise experience.

1.0

Beyond DISAPPOINTED! by IMADreamaker

Ship: Quantum of the Seas / Destination: Caribbean - Eastern

I purchased this cruise for my kids (12, 15) as a Christmas gift.

The beginning of this disaster started with an argument between two RC staff right in front of us at the check in desk stopping our check in process until they finished their argument.

We arrived on the ship to find broken decor, dirty and disheveled indoor and outdoor spaces and non existent/unfriendly crew that were not interested in being helpful and welcoming.

Food - bland and never changing

Food Service Staff - unfriendly, and busy discussing daily tasks with each other instead of serving passengers.  This included the management team who on several occasions interrupted myself and others being served to speak with their employees.

- Crew - unfriendly and not helpful with the exception of our room stewards.  Very accommodating even though we're "low maintenance" and didn't require much.  We never saw the Cruise Director.  Bar Tenders were not friendly and crabby.  I saw 1, yes that is 1 pool attendant serving drinks the entire 8 day cruise and she was busy checking her watch every minute to see when her shift was going to change.

Bar - Each and every time we (2 kids and myself - with drink packages) ordered something to drink, we were made to feel as if we were bothering the staff.   Not one smile in 8 days of cruising and each order was a "huge task" for the staff.  We were not ordering anything out of the ordinary.  In fact, when the kids were off exploring in the first few hours of boarding, i stopped in Michael's pub to order something to drink and perhaps an appetizer only to be overlooked several times sitting at the bar while the passengers next to me were being served their 3rd or 4th cocktail.  I finally was asked what I would like after about 30 minutes.  I never went back.  However, nothing much different at any other restaurant or bar on the ship.

- Ship - HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT!  Everything in the "Seaplex" has a scheduled time that if the kids wanted to try something they waited in line for at least an hour to have a one time experience.  The living Room is nothing more than couches and TVs.  The "Solarium" is for adults only.  I saw a review that said there would be pool parties - NOT.  Kids are not allowed.  Which can be a good thing except when the advertised SEAPLEX is supposed to be for teens so they can have there space,  instead it is for everyone..... therefore LONG lines.

_ Our itinerary was changed prior to boarding.  We had a port day taken away leaving us only 2 days at port and 6 days of sailing with little to do.

- Prior to sailing, I tried on several occasions to book dinners and excursions only to have the website say they are not available for booking yet.  Upon arrival to the ship, we waited in a line to book dinner reservations.  Once I got to the reservation table ( a folding table), I had to kneel on the ground in front of the table as the hostess sat across from me on her chair with her laptop.  As we discussed options, she kept glancing around and not staying engaged in the conversation to book reservations.  I finally gave up and left after booking a couple of dinners.

- Labadee - RC private beach - EVERYTHING is additional $$ with the exception of the BBQ they serve once at lunchtime and drinks (only if you have a drink package).  Float mats are extra $, The floating H2O toys/park is extra $/hourly rate, Zipline is extra $, Rollercoaster is extra $, Waterslide is extra $...  for the price of the cruise, this should all be  apart of the experience!

I could go on and on, however, I think I made my point that this cruise line needs to make some changes towards a more pleasant customer experience and fine tune the details on their new ship!

If you still choose to cruise on this itinerary... Zip lining in Puerto Rico over the jungle canopy is the only thing we enjoyed that RC offered!  It was absolutely amazing and the staff were very friendly and fun!

4.0

Stretching it a bit to give it 4 Stars by Ddancers

Ship: Quantum of the Seas / Destination: Caribbean - Eastern

This should be a 5 Star Ship rating, but sadly I'm stretching it a bit to give it 4 Stars.

Ship is Beautiful - room and bathroom fantastic - love the shower. The Storage great -whoever designed this layout did a remarkable job. Super high tech, Great!!! wi-fi , North Star Fantastic, Bumper Cars Super fun, bad weather on the last day when I had scheduled IFly so wasn't able to test, but look like lots of fun.

Very Good music and Show second to none. I like Karaoke but opportunity to partake seam limited.

Still lots of new things to experience and of course not everything is suited for everyone, but there's a lot that everyone can find that is suited for them

So Why 4 Stars (Actually 3.5 Stars if it was available) instead of 5 Stars

Many Exceptional Feature "EXCEPT"

I could good on and on about some great things but this one EXCEPT area has a negative effect on everything else, and this is not the only review that will point it out. So Please RCCL listen because it's a fantastic ship and it's a shame to see it drag down so much by this "EXCEPT"

I've been on 40 cruises and let's face it Dining is important ( Hey I'm Cruising) and cruising means eating and eating great food with great service is required to make a cruise Great and earn a rating of 5 Stars.

On the Quantum you're forced to book all restaurant dinners as soon as possible and if you don't you're very likely not going to be able to eat at that restaurant and even less likely to eat at that restaurant at the time you would like. We tried online booking weeks before the cruise only to be informed that most weren't available and let's face it most people won't realize they must book that early. So when we first boarded the ship we rushed to try and make reservations again. We spent an hour making reservations and were unable to reserve everything we wanted, and even less able at the time we really wanted.

Because of this dilemma we soon found when looking at the daily planner that our dining reservations overlapped every night activities that we would have loved to attend. If we cancelled our dinner reservation to attend we'd be unable to reschedule. The dining booking setup truly hampered our enjoyment.

I truly believe the ship is understaffed and even had to go to bar often to get a drink.

Waiters mixed orders in some area and forgot what you asked for at some venues. In most cases the waiters were obviously hard working just under staffed. In one restaurant after approaching the manager/host/receptionist we waited as he went off to clear several tables. The dining concept I feel is good, but I also feel lacks the necessary capacity required to make it problem free. This ship has all the makings to be five Star, but sadly until they work out the dining problems which can disrupt the entire day schedule they well never average 4.5 or 5 Star rating. In fact it's unlikely they will average 4 Stars.

Most of the dining staff is very good, but due to the lack of staff it averages fair. The Quality of food overall we found to be Good but not Great, however the Wonderland Restaurant is exceptional in taste and service. A must on everyone's to do list.

So overall we had a good cruise, but the listen here I believe is when a ship is this New and this different give them a minimum of two years to get it together.

So my advice book your restaurant early online - book Wonderland - EXCEPTIONAL!  - and be prepared to be somewhat disappointed with other dining on the sister ships. I say sister ships because the Quantum is currently getting some modifications for its near future China Cruises so it likely you won't sail her in the near future, but rather one of the twin sisters.

5.0

Amazing Quantum by CruisingQueen22

Ship: Quantum of the Seas / Destination: Caribbean - Bahamas

The new ship the Quantum of the seas is amazing.  There are so many new things that are offered on the ship from IFLY, North Star and bumper cars to name a few.  The concept of the Two 70 theater shows were truly  innovated and amazing.  Sonic Odessa was like no other show I had ever seen.  It was spectacular.  We truly enjoyed Mama Mia.  The rooms were spacious  and very comfortable.  we enjoyed  trying the different resturants.  There were so many things to do and the two indoor pools provided the ability to enjoy the ship in the colder weather.  We will definitely be sailing this class of ship again.

Cruise with caution by BillPFaff

Generally speaking:

Ship seemed very cold Technology operated inconsistently. Ship seemed way too focused on sucking money out of you.  I appreciate that that’s what they are in business for but really, do you need to be so obvious about it?

Onboarding

Was 15 minutes early for a scheduled 1215 check-in time.  Check-in time didn’t seem to matter.  Was hustled into the 1:45 check-in seating area.   Eventually the check-in person came down the line to check us in but then when they were two people away from checking us in they went to the other end of the line and started to work their way back. Very strange.  We had taken showers before leaving for the ship so it made no sense. Once we got by the check-in person it was right on the ship and to our stateroom which was an unexpected pleasure.  HOWEVER, in all our past cruises the stateroom attendant would always come and introduce themselves while we got settled in the room.  Ours didn’t.  I finally found him and introduced ourselves and he turned out to be very efficient and pleasant to work with.  I like to think maybe I got the jump on him for the introductions.

General Service:

Insufficient wait staff in bars No real wait service in balcony of the theater One time in Two70 my wife ordered a soda on her drink package and the waiter waved his hand at her like “forget it”.  I’d say we misread him but he never brought the drink.  I’d also say he forgot but he walked over us two times to bring other people their drinks.  We figured that because her order didn’t involve a fee/service charge he had better things to do.

Restaurants:

Never had same waiter or matradee.  Wait staff seem confused and disorganized. One night Deb got a desert fork and coffee spoon and I never did.  Ate my desert with her coffee spoon. Tables left with dirty dishes for inordinately long periods Ice person in the Windjammer had attitude for the entire cruise. Salad dressing in the windjammer seemed to be at a premium.  On at least two days for lunch the salad stations had dressings bottle refill issues such that people were walking from salad station to salad station trying to wrench some kind of dressing out of any of the bottles. Drink delivery in the restaurants was consistently a debacle.  On past cruises we found that as soon as we were seated we were asked if we wanted drinks.  The order here in all the restaurants seemed to be that someone would seat you, someone would come and fill your water glass, someone would then bring you menus, and THEN someone would come to take your order which was to include drinks.  What happened after that was a crap shoot.  Appetizers seemed to come quickly in most all cases which meant that in a number of cases we got our drinks after the appetizers.  Then there was the night that the waiter took my wife’s drink order and walked away from the table never taking my order.  We also had one night the drinks came in the middle of the meal.   And then there was the night I got my drinks after my appetizer and Debbie got hers on time.   Drink issues aside, for some reason wine orders were spot on and timely.  Made no sense.  When you ordered wine it was brought in a timely manner IF they had the wine.  Seemed they had an issue with the wine selection in that they didn’t have the wine we ordered in a number of cases.  And when I say a number of cases I mean at least 6 or more times across different restaurants they didn’t have the wine we ordered.  One night in one of the restaurants we ordered four wines before we hit on one they had.  I will say that if you bought a bottle they did a good job of following you from restaurant to restaurant with the bottle.  We were afraid we’d never see the bottle again but it did manage to follow us quite well.    Silk - Food not as described on menu.  Meal was supposed to be served with mushrooms and vegetables but ended up coming with no mushrooms and different vegetables.  Funny thing was that a couple of nights later we went to Chops and the meal I got in Silk was on the menu at Chops.  Went to Silk again the next night and we came to the conclusion the food was well made but not to our taste.  Service not good and the drink issue was at its worst.  That was the last night we ate in Silk.  Changed our other Silk reservations to another restaurant. One night the waiter waited and made small talk while I signed for our drinks.  I felt like he was waiting to see if he could pressure me into adding an extra tip.  I did not.     Service was often very slow compared to past cruises we had been on.

Generally speaking it was not the best cruise and compared poorly to the cruises we have taken in the past.  Would I cruise on it again?  Tough to call.  We like sailing out of NY, NJ or Baltimore but we heard that ultimately all the RC ships were going with this new dinning concept which we thought was a complete fail.  There was talk that they are going to do something about not having the same wait staff every night and truly hope they do because that above all was our biggest issue.  Maybe if we hear that that situation has improved we would try again.  One of the comments on our review to RC was that we figured they would ultimately get the service thing figured out so it wasn’t so unprofessional but we didn’t think they would ever be able to bring back the pleasure and intimacy of having the same wait staff/matredee every night.

Wonderful by barone2

Ship: Quantum of the Seas / Destination: Caribbean - Southern

Had a wonderful trip on the Quantum of the Seas. The food was awesome and the workers were great. Beautiful ship. So glad we took this trip. Love Royal Caribbean. Our favorite cruise line. Hoping in 2 years to do another on the harmony of the seas!!!! The shows were all great. Really enjoyed everything about this ship. Thank you.

The Southern Caribbean on the Quantum by sidglo

Ship: Quantum of the Seas / Destination: Caribbean - Southern

We really enjoyed the ship and all it had to offer.  The reservation system worked really well for us.  It made dining simple and we really never waited more than five minutes to be seated.  All the restaurants looked great and made the dining experience more enjoyable than eating in one big hall.  The ship was able to dock at each port which made getting on and off the ship easy and fast.  Much better than needing a tender.  Like on all cruise ships the staff was great.  The bumper cars were lots of fun and we rode them more than once.  The food in the restaurants was very good and the presentation was excellent.  It was a great cruise for the four of us.

4.0

The Great , The Not so Great, The Bad by JamesR14

Ship: Quantum of the Seas / Destination: Caribbean - Southern

Starting with the embarkation - getting on board was simple and very quick.  No sitting in the lounge at all - a great start.  270 is a great place for a quick breakfast and a quick lunch.  Roast beef sandwiches as good if not better than Allure.  Balcony cabin ready before 1 and appeared larger than other ships.  Eliminating the coffee table a good choice.  The electronics worked fairly well.  More on that later.  The shows - Mama Mia - was fantastic.  In fact all entertainment was top notch.  Kudos to the cruise director.  The ship seemed more crowded than Allure.  Dynamic dining - worked well for the 4 of us.  I made reservations many months early and that helped.  American Icon - rates a 0 - food bland - service awful.  Orders were wrong and the staff was very indifferent.  Same with Chic.  Grande - is great - Rose our wait person - special shout out as she is great.  Silk - our favorite regular restaurant.  In fact the head waiter was special - he made us fried chicken on day 11 as I mentioned that it was not available (on day 3) in American Icon even though it showed as a feature even on the app. He remembered and this is the service I knew RCCL provides. Windjammer - I think does not have enough attendants - many times I had to bus my own table - and when they did clean the tables they continued to use the same dirty rag on all tables - hygiene is lacking on Quantum - really surprising for RCCL.   Jamies Italian a specialty restaurant (ie additional price) very good although they did not have their signature dish - Pork Belly the entire cruise (we went twice) the head waiter did what he could to make our dinners special.  Chef's Table - not as special as on Allure - the chef did not come out with each course - we did not have name places and did not get an autograph cook book - the venue is also not as special as on Allure.  Vintages - wine tasting fun and the wine they provided was excellent.  Wonderland was also fantastic although out of a certain item - the ,most popular - crab - I feel that if I am paying extra they should have all items - in fact our party mates made a comment - "why do I have to pay extra for good food".  Ports were fine and I recommend the 4x4 in St Kitts and Barbados especially. Tip -  buy wine by the bottle at Windjammer - its 50% off - then carry to the dining you reserve - you can save some money!   Now a few drawbacks.  Customer Service is severely lacking on Quantum.  Our cabin was left open by staff for several hours and the staff seemed quite uncaring - our cabin attendant Ronaldo was great but the management was indifferent to the situation totally.  Also trying to get credit for mini bar service that was charged to us (9516- when it was supposed to be 9546) took 8 days to correct.  It also happened to our friends that travelled with us - they continued to say its a computer problem - not my problem RCCL needs to get with it.  Another instance was when the wrist band stopped working for our friends - and one had to get a new wrist band - then the other wrist band and the cards stopped working - when customer service got involved the woman insisted that we didn't know how to use the wrist band - really?  - it was deactivated - I thought the customer was always right - not so much on Quantum.  Debarking also quick and efficient  Overall - the trip was fantastic - and I recommend RCCL - but Quantum customer service needs training on service. .

1 Comment

Needs getting use too! by jkgossjr

Ship: Quantum of the Seas / Destination: Caribbean - Eastern

The ship is beautiful, the technology is awesome, but the dynamic dining will take time to get use too.  People who are not computer savvy this cruise is not for you since you have to book all your dining and entertainment before boarding.  The service is lacking in most dining rooms, even the wait staff do not like the new setup. Customer service stayed busy the whole time it was open, and if you called you sat on the phone.

great trip - happy personnel by JoanJ

Ship: Quantum of the Seas / Destination: Caribbean - Eastern

Had a great, restful cruise.  The only thing we can say that could be changed was the lack of ice cream available.  small thing, but we missed it. Other than that everything and everyone was above our expectations - even with the mishap at the restaurants.

Very Disappointing by jestin

Ship: Quantum of the Seas / Destination: Caribbean - Eastern

We were not wowed by the newest cruise ship. The first night we asked for a table for two by a window and were told that the tables by the window are for 4 people.  We sat away from the window and throughout our entire meal - no one occupied the tables for 4 (which were two - tables for 2 pushed together). After speaking to the manager -  telling him that is staff should find a way of saying "Yes", we didn't have that problem again. Many members of the staff didn't understand English.  They've tricked us into thinking we are  "Guests" but the truth is we're "Customers" and there's nothing wrong with that. Guests in my home don't pay. They're truly guests. The North Star ride got stuck with people in it, while I was on line to get on. It remained broken the entire cruise and I never had that opportunity. The elevators were operated by computers but couldn't handle the number of passengers-very slow.  Even though we scheduled appointments for dinner and shows, we had to wait on line for most things.  The staterooms were spacious, and quite nice.  One evening the ventilation system in the kitchens failed and dinner wasn't started until 8:30 pm. We were all forced to go to the buffet and received a 10% reduction on our next cruise booking. The entertainment (Mamma Mia, Star Water,) were excellent. The singer and ventriloquist left much to be desired. The Thermal spa was very small, co-ed, and not worth the money.  We've cruised a great deal and since the ports are pretty much the same,  the cruise experience is what we're interested in, and it seems Royal Caribbean doesn't have a handle on that. Food was good.  The soft ice cream machines were broken most of the time and there were no substitutes.  Needless to say we were disappointed in this cruise. Will probably stay away from the megaships and Royal Caribbean. Sad

A good cruise by WinterT

Sail date: / Traveled as: Singles/Friends
Ship: Quantum of the Seas / Destination: Caribbean - Eastern

It was large\, rooms nice size\, food good\, the captain did a great job of steering and I did not get sick even with the storms.

Weather nightmare by ed455

Ship: Quantum of the Seas / Destination: Caribbean - Eastern

Lots of glitches in technology. We tried to make reservations months ahead\, only to find that nothing we on the computer when we got there. Froze to death trying to get our bags checked before getting on the ship. Food in about 1/2 the resturants was poor.

new ship new experience by zee49110781

Ship: Quantum of the Seas / Destination: Caribbean - Eastern

there were many clever uses of teck to be found all around the ship. The true star of this ship however were the shows,  these were probably the best at sea. dynamic dinning does one thing very well, that is eliminating that madding elevator rush at dinner hours.  On the other hand some venues were lacking    the menus do not change so even if you prefer one venue there would be little variety.  My choices for dinning are Jamie's Italian[ very good], Chic and the grande.  Making reservations far in advance is wise if you prefer early seating.  Shows also require reservations and are even more important than dinning reservations.  Without a show reservation you must wait until reserved quests are seated and the seating options are very limited. There are a lot more added cost outlets and some old ones have changed.  Johnny rockets  which one explorer was a 5.00 dollar charge is now a la carte.  I do not smoke, however my wife does,  and areas for smoking were very limited.  There was not a spot to lay in the sun and be able to smoke.

5.0

Quantum Lives Up To Its Name by Dilligas6090723

Ship: Quantum of the Seas / Destination: Caribbean - Southern

Fantastic cruise, This was one of the best cruises we took (35). The staff couldn't have been more helpful, seems they went out of their way to accommodate us. Went to all the complementary dining venues and never waited in line once. Mamma Mia was fantastic, as was Sonic Odyessy, Starwater was very well played but not our cup of tea.  The food was awesome in every restaurant as was the service. There were things that went awry but they were little things compare to being on a beautiful ship. We stayed in a balcony and the room was great, as there was enough room that you weren't falling over each other. Embarkation was a breeze, we arrived by 1pm and not one car was there and we were in our room by 1:30.

4.7

Beautiful way to cruise... by TheSeaisforTee

Ship: Quantum of the Seas / Destination: Caribbean - Southern

Great time,great newer ship. I personally would not recommend a ship bigger than the quantum class. I think it is big enough and has activities to do for all ages and not so many people where you are bumping elbows and fighting for elevators every time you are trying to go to another floor. Would recommend this to any one who loves cruising and wants to try a new type of ship. One of the best parts of the ship is the solarium. Best solarium i have been in! It is absolutely gorgeous, get there early and stay the day! it is worth it.

The Quantom Experieince by martyf

Ship: Quantum of the Seas / Destination: Caribbean - Southern

First it is an amazing ship. The technology may be a little over the top. From the first reviews I had read about you can clearly see the improvement in the function of the staff. They were friendly and helpful but you can see they were stressed out due to the many glitches.  The food on board with the exception of the Solarium restaurant was excellent. We did latch on to one waiter in the Coastal restaurant who went way beyond a high standard of service. The ports we good however you have to be very careful when leaving or returning to the ship. They keep you ships time not the island time, this caused some problems for those who booked non RCCL excursions.  The one thing I would complain about is that too much technology is not a good thing. everyone was walking around Ipads or Iphones in hand and bumping into you. You should not text and cruise. Where was the down time for vacation if you were constantly doing texts and emails. We were disturbed at the pool as people on phones were talking very loudly . The shows were over the top and hopefully they will be adding more to fill up the number of days on board Dynamic dining is ok as long as you get your reservations done it time. I did miss the interaction of a main dining room.

Would definitely do  a ship like this again

What a great ship and staff by scott80us

Ship: Quantum of the Seas / Destination: Caribbean - Southern

My husband and I were just on the Quantum of the Seas and had a great experience. We loved, loved, loved the dynamic dining concept.  The staff at Chic and Silk were the best.  We also ate at American Icon Grill and enjoyed that. I was not that impressed with Jamie's Italian restaurant only because I am not a real pasta fan.  By far the best was Wonderland.  I do not have words that can express or even describe the dining experience we had there.

The entire staff of the ship were great. I am hoping to go on the Anthem when it arrives and also hope that when the Ovation is completed that it stays in the US.

Debbie

dynamic dining a HUGE disappointment by jaaob8

Ship: Quantum of the Seas / Destination: Caribbean - Southern

Ship was beautiful. Ports were fine. Staff, with the exception of the captain, who I found condescending, were WONDERFUL.  BUT -- dynamic dining was HIDEOUS.  I felt betrayed by the fact that we booked cruise a year ago on another cruise and when asking questions about scheduling for the time for the main dining room, we were misled.  We have always chosen Royal Caribbean due largely to our excellent experience with their traditional dining experienence, and have been diamond club members for our last two cruises. We have encouraged friends and family to cruise both with us and separately on Royal Caribbean, but in the future will not do so if they continue in this direction.  We feel betrayed that such a huge change in the cruise experience was not communicated to us at the time of booking or at least prior to the cruise. we would have chosen a different cruise.  Because we had such faith in Royal Caribbean because of our excellent experience on numerous previous sailings, we did not research this ship in the months before this cruise.  We fear that if Royal Caribbean continues to refurbish other ships to this new model, we will have to look for another cruise which has traditional dining.  We might have been able to adapt to their My Time Dining, but dynamic dining is totally unacceptable.  We have always enjoyed having a consistent waitstaff and getting to know them.

Find a cruise on Quantum of the Seas