Pride of Hawaii (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Hawaii

Cruise that ended all cruises

Sail Date: September 01, 2007

Room Type: Suite

It took 2 and a half hours to embark (other half hour), then we discovered our penthouse room was a minisuite instead. The shower doors were missing first 4 days of cruise. Ate at Cagney's Steakhouse $54. Cold bread served. Ate at Le Bistro on Lobster night. NO Lobster. Cold bread. $74. Lobster bisque soup had NO lobster but pumpkin instead. My 24 year old son had to sleep on a couch in the minisuite (instead of the 2 bedroom penthouse we were supposed to get) and was getting insect bites nightly (Bedbugs?) I ordered the 2 bedroom penthouse online, cabin 11530, and recieved minisuite 11630 instead. We gave up trying to resolve the problem with Jon Thompson after 2 days of apathy by NCL Staff and quit going anywhere on the ship and did not buy another thing on board. We did our excursions which were all good except the Kauii Heaven and Earth....We did not get our Helicopter ride and they better not charge us for it. I have decided to book all my flights and hotels from now on and stay completely away from Cruises. They bumped 2 of our excursions to a later time without telling us and it ruined the day so we could not see anything else. They don't stay in port long enough but leave long before dark so they can push sales of ship items while out at sea. This was my 12th and last cruise. Bah!

Pros: Getting off the ship

Cons: Not getting the Penthouse cabin I paid for but a minisuite

Recommends Pride of Hawaii (RETIRED)? No.