Pride of Hawaii (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Hawaii

I expected Better

Sail Date: September 24, 2007

I went in the low season and still took too long to order and get seated at restaurants. Some of the food was bad or would not correspond to full menu description. I was served food not completely cooked. Alcohol beverages are way more expensive than on any other ship. I was coming back to the ship with a couple of local hawaiian beers and they confiscated them. Wanted me to pay $15.00 per beer for uncork charge. Servers do not care anymore, except for the few filipinos on board. Little entertainment after 10 PM, it looks like a funeral parlor atmosphere. You have to pay to use services free on every other ship.

Pros: The Hawaiian Islands

Cons: Limited personnel woking (Bad food service, Little live music)

Recommends Pride of Hawaii (RETIRED)? No.

Hilo, Hawaii

Don't Miss: Volcanoes National Park
Hilo, Hawaii

Don't Miss: Volcanoes National Park
Nawiliwili, Kauai
Second best beach. Do the Kayaking on the river.
Don't Miss: Rent scooters and check the cascades
Kahului, Maui
Too many places to see, too little time. I really like that the ship stayed there overnight. Best beach on the islands.
Don't Miss: Hana
Nawiliwili, Kauai
Second best beach. Do the Kayaking on the river.
Don't Miss: Rent scooters and check the cascades