Pride of Hawaii (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Hawaii

An A+ Overall Vacation

Sail Date: July 01, 2007

I just returned from my cruise on the Pride of Hawaii and really cannot understand why people are writing such negative reviews. First of all, because of the ideal itinerary , the ship is in port everyday so how much time did they really spend on the ship?? I have sailed before on NCL on the Jewel and this ship is exactly the same except for the casino (gambling is illegal in Hawaii). The ship was spotless, the crew were attentive and personable and any problems I encountered were corrected immediately. I booked inside stateroom #9069. My room was always clean when I returned and turned down with towel animals except for nights when I did not request turndown service. I am not sure if people realize this but there is a little dial outside each room that allows you to designate what you would like done to your room- WELCOME, DO NOT DISTURB, MAKE UP CABIN, TURN DOWN SERVICE. I dont know how much the stewards look at this but it seemed to work for us. The food is just okay. It is about the same caliber of food you would find on any cruise. The buffet has your standard selections. I dined at Papas and the mexican restaurant and found the Mexican to be my favorite meal (outside morning breakfasts). I was a little dissapointed with Alizar's selections and this was porbably my least favorite. For this cruise, the ship was really just a "floating hotel" and I cannot think of a better way to get a little taste of each island. For the price in HAWAII, this was a great deal. DO NOT LISTEN TO NEGATIVE REVIEWS. I would recommend this cruise to anyone going to Hawaii for the first time or just wanted to go back and revisit the various islands. Think about it - you go to sleep and you wake up on a different island- no packing and no flights. The minor problems people may find still do not outway the inconvenience or cost of seeing Hawaii any other way. One crucial suggestion- I booked cars on my own thru ALAMO using Costco discount code #675899. It is far cheaper and better to have your own car. The islands are very easy to get around. Buy a Hawaii book and do some research. Book any excursions on your own. Cruiselines jacked up the prices and it takes you twice as long because of all the other people invloved. I booked my cars (the shuttles show up at all the ports every morning) and then drive to any excursions myself. If you have any questions, feel free to email me.

Pros: The itinerary and the ship

Cons: The entertainment

Recommends Pride of Hawaii (RETIRED)? No.