Pride of Hawaii (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Hawaii

Worst cruise ever

Sail Date: June 01, 2007

Of the 12 cruises we have taken, including 5 with NCL, this was the worst. The ship is dirty, with wastebaskets overflowing in public bathrooms and other public areas, tables remained unbussed in the buffet and each night except one we were missing some bathroom towels, facecloths, bathmat or a combination. One night we didn't even get clean towels and returned to find the mornings wet stuff still on the bathroom floor. The freestyle dining doesn't work. We would arrive at one of the restaurants at opening time to find vacant tables and a 1-1/2 hour wait. There are no restaurants open for lunch, only the grills and buffet.... I think they want to push the buffet. Oh yes, the buffet..At best mediocre quality, with some empty spots at each serving and leftovers from the previous day's dinner. Seems like when they ran out of food, they were slow to replenish it. I spoke with the restaurant manager and also the front desk. Everyone I spoke with said they hear a lot of similiar complaints and then offer excuses. The shore excursions are way overpriced and don't really offer much either so we found vans at each port and got great tours for about 1/2 price. I could go on, but suffice it to say, that this was a miserable excuse for a cruise and several notches below what we have previously experienced.
BTW, they say they will take this ship from NCL America next year and go international with it..For what that is worth. Save your time and money.. Go elsewhere and enjoy your cruise.

Pros: really nothing

Cons: I have a list

Recommends Pride of Hawaii (RETIRED)? No.