Pride of Hawaii (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Hawaii

A Great way to see the Islands!

Sail Date: August 28, 2006

The Pride of Hawaii is a nice ship and we have always like NCL. But the service is not what we were used to on cruise ships. I do not like the fact of a surcharge in most restaurants. I feel that if people accept this, they will soon make all of them have a fee. Making reservations were a hassle. The one night we wanted to eat in the "Free" dining room, others had reservations, which we didn't think you could do in a free room, and we had to wait. I thought it was first come, first serve, Free style. We ate most meals in the cafeteria upstairs so not to have to deal with it. All the food I had was very good.
There was no turn down bed service unless you requested it. No fancy things made out of towels when you returned to your room in the evening. No mints on the pillow. The little extras were not there. If you are expecting to be treated like royality, like in the past, it is just not there.
I liked that we stayed in 2 of the island for 2 days. This is a great way to sample the Hawaiian Islands. We took a lot of tours. The tours were good, but I thought very expensive. Even though this cruise did not meet our expectations service wise, I would possibly do it again just because of the itinerary, and time in ports.

Pros: Time in Ports

Cons: Surcharge for dining rooms