Pride of Hawaii (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Hawaii

Cruise Great Service Poor

Sail Date: July 01, 2006

Room Type: Suite

We recently took the Hawiian Cruise on Pride of Hawaii. The ship was great, but the service was the poorest that I had ever experienced of my 14 cruises. The staff is all American and they had little knowledge of the ship from what I saw. The Islands are great and for anyone going I suggest that you rent a car on every Island and do the tours yourself. It is very easy to get around there. The food was good in the specialty restaurants, but I personally feel that I should not have to pay extra to get that service and quality food ($10-$15 plus $15 more for specialty dishes like Porthouse or Lobster). You do not get good service in the dining rooms at all. Most of the wait staff seem like they are there to party rather than to serve you. I hear one wait staff person say Jesus Christ because some people were not washing their hands before dinner. Very unprofessional, but very American like. Everything is overpriced on that ship (drinks, excursions). I suggest you rent your own car and do you own excusrions and you will save hundreds of dollars.

Pros: The Hawaiian islands

Cons: Service onboard the ship